‘Satvik’ no onion-garlic Fried Okra in Yogurt-Tomato Curry
- 250 gms Okra
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Gram Flour
- 1½ tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3-4 Red Chillies
- 8 to 10 Curry Leaves
- Wash and dry the okra.
- Cut the ends of each okra and chop them into 1″ pieces. Set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes. Set aside.
- To the yogurt add the turmeric, gram flour, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix well. Set aside
- In a wok over medium flame, heat 1.5 tbsp oil and add the okra.
- Stir-fry till the pieces soften, set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tsp oil.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter, add cumin seeds
- Add split red chillies and curry leaves, and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook till they soften.
- Turn the heat to low and add 2-3 tbsp water. This is important to prevent the yogurt from splitting.
- Add the spiced yogurt and mix well.
- Let the yogurt simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fried okra and cook for a couple of minutes.